Tuesday 6 August 2013

Tues 6th of August

Hello friends how are you today?

Well today I'm starting as promised with an average day for the children starting with the morning. 
The day starts for the children at 6am which I think is particularly early as they don't actually start school until 9, now I got up a little late to film the kids getting up but I figured seeing kids wake up and wander round like zombies for 15mins trying to get dressed wasn't all that essential to see anyway. But here's the video giving a general idea of what goes on between 6:15 & 7am;

http://youtu.be/R63XbBpqWVU

Now at 7am it is time for songs & prayer! If your not awake by this time you will be very soon. The bell rings calling all the kids to the chapel & gradually they (mostly) all turn up. Now this usually lasts for half an hour & I've managed to edit the video of it down to just under 15 mins. This is a bit of a long one but its worth a look even for the non-churchy people following, even if its just for a couple of mins so you can see how I usually get woken up each morning! :)

http://youtu.be/y4GiqC7rGqk

After this at about 7:30 - 8am is breakfast time. The buzzer goes and everyone makes their way to the canteen. Now I didn't film this part for two reasons, firstly it was already going to take almost forever to upload the videos I had already planned to upload & secondly I'm going to be putting a vid up of dinner time later this week & really theres no difference between them. Now I really quite like spicy food but believe me they serve curry-fied spicy things here even for breakfast which for me is akin to a shot of whiskey for breakfast it's just wrong! (Even the sweets here are curry flavoured they are a bit obsessed, I think they might need some counselling!) ;)
Anyways after the weird breakfast the children head back to their dormitories for their school packs & what-nots, then at about 8:45 it's into the jeep and off on the school run which leads into the next video;

http://youtu.be/lJl41Sel9G8

And that's basically it for the mornings. I'm planning on taking a trip along with the kids to school to report on their school day soon, probably Friday. I can't do it sooner as I have to go to Madurai City to register my stay here tomorrow & on Thursday I will be busy as well. Next though I will report on the children's day after getting back from school, of which will be in about half an hour from now so I'm off to get prepared for that. Bye for now! Stuart :) x x x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Stuart for keeping us folks back in MK up to date with what's going on out there. It sounds like you're being kept busy - not least with keeping everyone informed through your blog. I hope all is well with you. Cheers, Paul Brookman

    ReplyDelete