Saturday 3 August 2013

Sat 3rd August- End of the first week.

Hello everyone I hope you are all well. :) Well it's the end of my first week and I can imagine many of you may be wondering why I haven't written that much about the children & the hospice operations yet. 
So, if you have been wondering, the answer is that this has been a very hectic week for me, this place is so different from home I've hardly known my up from my down & my left from my right. I'm very much still settling in & getting to know the place, people & children. One minute I'm here, the next I'm being taken off somewhere, I'm only just starting to get a feel for how things work here so up until now I've just been trying to give you a feel for what it's like to be in India & to share with you some of the things I am seeing & experiencing. 
As soon as I get properly to grips with what's going on around me, how the schedules work here & getting to know the children a little better, I will be in a position to make well informed posts for you to see what life is like here for the children at Arulagam Hospice. Basically, softly softly catch the monkey. 
My plan is to take you through an average day here for the both the kids & the staff, how they worship, how they pray, how they celebrate, how they generally live & the many other things that I will discover about these peoples and this place as time goes by over the next 6 months.
I also plan to write a detailed individual profile on each child, with a short video of them so you can get to know them a bit, & also so you will know who I am talking about if when I talk about them. How all these things come together we shall see, with God's help & guidance I'm sure it will all come together. I'll do my best to get started with these things in a rough sort of way next week. What I do know about this place is it isn't easy to make plans & stick to them as I'm reliant on others for everything at the moment,  which means I can't always get things done when I want to get them done. Also Internet access can be hard here as there may be no-one around to let me into the office or there may be a power failure when I have that access. Plus it takes 1 hour to upload a simple 3 minute video, which doesn't make things any easier. But enough of that for now.
Today we are off to the doctors in Dindigal (the town we went shopping in before to get the kids toys, I just didn't know the name of it then) to have the children checked out & to see if their medication is working for them, at least that's my best understanding of what's going to be happening. There are a few communication problems here sometimes. Ok then off we go........
Right we're here at the doctors & I'm getting a better understanding of why we are here. It's basically a checkup. The kids are having their weight checked and if they have lost weight then they will need lots of feeding up to get them back on track & to keep them healthy & strong. The good news is after their checkups all the children are ok & are all their correct weights.
I have made a few videos of our trip to the doctors for your viewing pleasure. Here are the links;

http://youtu.be/56tB-Upk20
http://youtu.be/4mZ12isSBuA
http://youtu.be/lSwnMya4i2U
http://youtu.be/fUi2AA4lzAU
http://youtu.be/KtH1uwk2E2U




2 comments:

  1. hi Stuart,
    a hectic start to your 6 months! The colour, vitality and contrasts are great. Enjoy your "little monkeys"!
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just wondering if the children's parents are on the scene? Do they have any contact with them about their progress? xx

    ReplyDelete