Thursday 8 August 2013

Thurs 8th August

Hello again everybody how's things going back there?
Well after a crazy day in Madurai City yesterday, trying & eventually succeeding to register my stay here with the local authorities & am now able to bring you the second part to an 'average' day here for the kids. 
I don't really need to write that much more at this point as its pretty much all explained in the first of today's videos. Now I actually had quite a bit of fun making these vids there were a few funny moments in there, here's the first link;

http://youtu.be/4asWkXAfdmU

So then after playtime & homework & then some more playtime its evening prayers & dinnertime. Again the video shall explain all;

http://youtu.be/3KMroIpMoTQ

And basically after dinner (which is about half 8) the kids go back to their dormitories. I'd like to let you know what they get up to before bed (which is about 9-9:30) but I don't know as they lock the doors to the Hospice & I'm locked in as this is where my room is (I'm all on my own on the creepy 2nd floor where all the ghosts are) :'( 
Tomorrow, if all goes according to plan I should be going with the kids to school which should be fun so I'll be reporting back to you on that hopefully Saturday. 
Now Saturday evening is the beginning of our big day out the the sea-side the kids are getting quite excited about it as most have never seen the sea before. 
We leave Saturday night because its a 6 hour drive & I wanted the kids to enjoy the whole day there not just a few hours. 
We are hiring a mini-bus & I have decided to take all the staff with us as well, they are also HIV positive & work damn hard for 5000 rupees the equivalent of £53 a month, which is a low wage even for India. So I think they deserve it as much as the kids. 
This is by far the most expensive & biggest gift we will be doing for all here at Arulagam so please pray that the monsoon doesn't decide to get started this Sunday! In total it will cost 25000 rupees which is about £264, which isn't bad considering bus hire, fuel, paying the driver, & food for at least 30 people for the day, but is 5 months wages for one member of staff here!
 I'm really looking forward to this as this is something I've had in my mind to do for a long time now so please pray for Gods blessings for our trip. 
Ok then you crazy cats I hope you enjoyed today's videos God bless & catch you again soon.  Stuart :) x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment