Thursday 8 August 2013

Fri 9th August

Hello out there hospice fans! Hows things?
Well it turns out that the kids have (another) day off school so my plans for writing up on their school day has been temporarily scuppered. Also they have decided to bring our trip to the sea-side a day forward so we will be leaving tonight instead if tomorrow so please again, pray for no rain!!!
Well I don't really have much else to report today other than I bought a couple of guitars while in Madurai City the other day and have started teaching a couple of the older boys how to play- we shall see how that goes please pray for them to have the commitment they need to accomplish this difficult task.
I am hoping that if they learn they can teach the younger kids after I am gone. Also the plan is to teach the kids some English worship songs which should be quite fun I'll make a video of that when it is accomplished. 
Ok then just a few pics here for your viewing pleasure. Bye for now, Stuart :) x

A true Indian restaurant. No cutlery or plates just fingers & banana leaves! Excellent! (Plus a meal for 3 only cost about £4!!!!) :) :) :)
 
Health & safety a work in practice India style :)




5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed looking in (due to generosity of my granddaughter). Glad you've settled in,

    love and continued prayers,
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuart, this is all so interesting! Thanks for keeping us up with all your news. As with Gill, love and continued prayers, and enjoy your music with the children,
    Beryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the trip to the seaside went well and that the kids enjoyed it. Presumably you'll be reading this after your return so also hope that the monsoon didn't start.
    Good luck with teaching the guitar to the kids - perhaps you can teach me when you return but you've got a task on your hands - I'm the most unmusical person there is.
    Besat wishes, Paul B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying reading your blog and watching the videos when I can. The children seem so lovely friendly and happy. I'm glad your helping them. Hope the seaside trip went well. I'm looking forward to reading about that. Hope the weather stayed good for you all. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stuart. Fist time I've looked at your blog. I'm glad you arrive safely and that you appear to have settled in and become one of the family. Your photos are amazing. They show that you dont need much to be happy. I hope and pray that you continue to do good out there and you achieve to have some guitar players before you leave. Enjoy the day at the seaside. Best wishes Sue Bertrand

    ReplyDelete