Wednesday 9 October 2013

Weds 9th October

Today has been a very good day!
As you know I've always got my eye open for new ways to help, two things were to get the children who don't have them shoes & mosquito repellant cream for all the children. When I suggested these ideas initially they thought they were good ideas but then they came back to me after thinking about it and told me shoes were not such a good idea as the kids will quickly loose them taking them off wherever they may be & forgetting where they left them. The  Mosquito cream is poisonous if ingested and some of the children will try to eat it rather than rubbing it into their skin (yes, some if them are that mental) so instead they suggested that I get them some goats!
Now I thought this was a brilliant idea especially as I have always wanted to buy some poor people from a third world country some goats! (Actually not kidding on this one) So that's one more thing to tick off my bucket list! :)
So this morning we went to the market and came home with some goats! Whoopee!!! Here is a short video of the goats we bought;

http://youtu.be/Nsw6DweI8kM

Now there are four females and one male, (lucky boy, makes me wish I was a goat) in time the herd will grow and they will be able to sell some of them and get a continuous income from them. Which is what makes this really something worth while investing in for them. And it means whatever happens we will have left them with some real long term assets.  
Now in total the goats cost 14000 rupees which is about £157. This is a lot of money but I have managed to free up some funds, and I'll be explaining to you how that has happened next week. 
But until then I bid you farewell and-
WE GOT SOME GOATS!!!! Oh yeah!!! Woohoo!!!!! :)
Stuart :) x x x
By the by, we are going to Madurai City tomorrow to extend my visa as it runs out next Friday. Please pray for it to be successful or I will have to leave much earlier than I intend to! :) 








1 comment:

  1. They are totally adorable! Congratulations for a brilliant idea! Praying for your visa to go through. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete