Tuesday 15 October 2013

Tues 15th October

Hello there friends. :)

So the trip to the school in Melayakudi did go ahead although we ended up getting there a little late & it was dark by the time we got there so apologies for the pictures not being as good as they could have been. These are a couple of pics inside & out of the tiny little school;





My first impression of the school was how small it is! It really is tiny as well here's a video I've uploaded of it for you, you'll notice there's no tables or chairs for the children here;

http://youtu.be/ihI8jRcYGqY

On arrival though before seeing the school I was led into the small chapel where the children were sitting waiting to greet us with the boys sitting on the left and the girls on the right. Gender separation like this is a cultural norm here it's just the way they roll. 
Now to be honest with you there's not much I can write about my experience there as we were only there a short time but the videos I made will basically cover what happened during my visit there. 
Sorry I didn't start recording right from the beginning I didn't think it would be good manners to be video recording while I was being welcomed so it starts quite suddenly, and was filmed inside little church right next to the school;

http://youtu.be/ZKIyNqTxQSs

This ones especially for Ruth, Andy & Jane;

http://youtu.be/SmmfnEDtYWU

It was explained to me that most of the children were Hindu so Gnana suggested I tell them the story of how I cam to Christ so thats what I did- although it was not easy to cram a lifetimes experience into a few short sentences that would be translated into Tamil so they could understand! So basically after the greetings, the sing songs, a few things to eat we took a few photos and we were off! Short but sweet & I know this post is a bit rubbish & I'm sorry I've kind of lost my zing this week worrying about my visa it's been a struggle for me this past week. 
Anyways I hope this post is at least partially satisfying for you! Bye for now friends I shall return......
Stuart :) x x x

Outside the church with the school just to the left;




The church from the inside;








And just for fun an Ice cream Tuc-Tuc I came across the other day;







And also the snake that was waiting for me in my room a couple of weeks ago;







2 comments:

  1. So glad you finally made it to Melayakudi. Thank you for the little video clip just for us!! We saw the church (it had just opened) when we visited Gnana in 2005 but there was just a patch of bare earth where the school is now. We are praying about your visa situation. Jane, Andy & Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop worrying that your posts aren't interesting....they are and I enjoy them all...it's nice to hear what you've been up to :) xx

    ReplyDelete